As educators, parents, and creatives ourselves, we know the challenges of helping students of mixed abilities and experiences to get started with writing and projects.
We also understand how a learner's achievement is even more impactful when a student forms an emotional investment with their project, and they take responsibility. This seeds initiative and entrepreneurship.
That’s why we created Scribeasy.
A one stop, creative web based writing prompt; an easy, adaptable personalisable, engaging workflow that is image and word interactive.
In five easy, self directed steps, students interact with image making and a thesaurus. Scribeasy can support virtually any curriculum topic. It works seamlessly with teacher led questions helping students discover, invent, plan and deliver and edit their story.
Share stories from tablet or desktop devices with a teacher (smartboard screen, a mobile device and desktop computers).
Each student has a digital folder - from where stories are printable.
Scribeasy offers a teacher a powerful and vast teaching resource;
- thousands of prepared curriculum images
- bespoke Art Packs
- words and pictures for students to hear and read
- beautifully presented analytics that pinpoints errors, transforming them to writing challenges.
Here are some creative tips for where Scribeasy helps;
1. Focussed sprints: Three to ten minutes, daily. Art packs are enormously versatile to suit different writing, emotional and critical thinking challenges.
2. Confidence, Communication, Class Debates: Scribeasy does not ever prescribe a child what to write. The images to select from are powerfully metaphorical. Even when a group of students create an image using the same elements, both composition and the narrative that unfold will be unique. Scribeasy is a brilliant and holistic method that seamlessly raises questions and discussion points with your class.
3. Think like teachers: Scribeasy is a community for story sharing. Some stories published have creative merits worth sharing - but need correcting. The stories are fun for reading out, to build speaking and listening activities and developing inference skills. Sharing stories helps children think like teachers.
3. Description And Empathy: We share Royal College of Art, design thinking strategies to help children extract detail from their images. In workshops we use mind mapping, for example imagining what you can hear, smell, taste, touch, if inside the picture, which trigger the keywords for the synonyms in the integrated thesaurus .
4. Instant creative writing: Ready-made packs in the Art Shop.
5. Limitless resources: Imaginative for the teacher and the student.
6. Integrate topics with a learner's world: Creative tools that make photo's interactive, sharing within a walled community.
Works for whom traditional methods fail.
enjoyable, memorable, effective.
discover, invent, plan, write and edit.
Improves the quality of the teaching time by enabling self directed creativity, coaching and co-creation.
Tools and images at the fingertips.
Helps educators engage students with observing, thinking and writing and learning from their writing performance.
Wide appeal for learners: virtually any ability, age - in class and at home.
A road map into cutting edge technology to help close gaps so all types of children can shine.
Jump into a story
An inspiring way to imagine a topic.
A digital folder made for sharing