As educators, parents, and creatives ourselves, Scribeasy is a creative writing and coaching platform designed to help children of mixed abilities to overcome the challenges in getting started and incentivised with a great idea, for writing. It helps improve the quality and focus of teaching time by enabling the learners to get started quickly, stimulating their creativity and self directed learning.
Scribeasy has wide appeal for learners. Virtually any ability, age, whether in class or at home - the platform brings all the tools and images into one place, and at the fingertips.
It helps educators coach and engage students with observing, thinking and writing and learning from their writing performance.
Our aim? To harness cutting edge technology to help close the gaps so that all types of children can shine.
In five easy, self directed steps, the Scribeasy platform has a workflow that helps a student achieve quality in their writing, interacting with image making, teacher placed spellings and a thesaurus.
1. Explore a topic in bite-sizes
2. Invent with topic elements
3. Plan an idea
4. Document an idea
5. Share and edit with an educator
- A community to share stories and learn peer to peer
- Suitable for tablet or desktop devices with a teacher (smartboard screen, a mobile device and desktop computers)
- A digital story folder for each student from where stories are printable
- Inspiring as a teaching resource
- A platform with thousands of ready prepared curriculum photos
- A multi-sensory workflow
- A platform with learner analytics.
Here are some creative tips for where Scribeasy helps;
1. Focus and good habits: Fast acting to help kids write, even for as little a three to ten minutes daily the platform is enormously versatile to suit different writing, emotional and critical thinking challenges.
2. Confidence, Communication, Class Debates: Scribeasy does not ever prescribe a child what to write. The images to select from are powerfully metaphorical. Even when a group of students create an image using the same elements, both composition and the narrative that unfold will be unique. Scribeasy is a brilliant and holistic method that seamlessly raises questions and discussion points with your class.
3. Think like teachers: Scribeasy is a community for story sharing. Some stories published have creative merits worth sharing - but need correcting. The stories are fun for reading out, to build speaking and listening activities and developing inference skills. Sharing stories helps children think like teachers.
3. Description And Empathy: We share Royal College of Art, design thinking strategies to help children extract detail from their images. In workshops we use mind mapping, for example imagining what you can hear, smell, taste, touch, if inside the picture, which trigger the keywords for the synonyms in the integrated thesaurus .
4. Instant creative writing: Ready-made packs in the Art Shop.
5. Limitless resources: Imaginative for the teacher and the student.
6. Integrate topics with a learner's world: Creative tools that make photo's interactive, sharing within a walled community.
SCRIBEASY is enjoyable, memorable, and effective for ALL TYPES OF LEARNERS
Jump into a story
An inspiring way to imagine a topic.